søndag den 29. oktober 2017

Barbie - made to move curvy






When I first saw this promo picture of the new curvy Barbie made to move doll, I was very exited. Like many other Barbie collectors, I was hoping for a curvy made to move doll to get released. I like the curvy Barbie body, and I think alot of the curvy fashionistas are beatiful. But I have to be selctive in my collection, and for me dolls with alot of joints (only excluding my Paola Reinas) have the most play value. Therefore I only collect Barbie dolls, that have the made to move body. 
This doll is awsome, she has striking pink hair, a beautiful warm skin color, and a wonderfull dance ready outfit. Yet I was not sure I would want her, since she has an open mouth smile, which is something I dont like my dolls to have.

Today I found some pictures of her unboxed here, on a Portuguese blog called Ken doll, that is really good at sharing Barbie news, from different sources.
I started to plan how she might fit into my Barbie world, but I struggled with several issues, both involving her role in my world, and her appearance. I told my boyfriend about these issues, as it often helps me to work through it. He said to me that it sounded like I did not want her at all. At first I denied it, explaining that it is a wonderful doll, but he said I could think so, without wanting it. I studied her face closer, and realised that he was right.
While her hair is wonderfully interesting because it is pink, I don't actually like that color, and it would be a bit too much for me to look at a doll with pink hair every day - maybe if it was curly I would like it a bit better. Another issue is that i don't really like annything about her face, I didn't understand it at first, but her mouth is not my only issue, it turns out that I don't even like her eyes. I like brown eyes, but hers seem to be a bit too greish brown for my liking, maybe becuse they seem dull compared to how fun she otherwise is. I am not totally sure about this, but I allso think it looks like her eyes are set too far apart, but it might be the shape of them. 

So.. I don't want her, I wish I did, but I seriously only want her for her body, and that is not reason enough for me to get her. I quess I could buy her, and find a fashionistas with the same skin tone, and a head/face I actually like - and then do a headswap. But I don't really have the money, to buy two dolls for the sake of having one, and I have never even headswapped any Barbie dolls before. 

Billedresultat for barbie made to move soccer player

When I do find the money to buy two dolls, and the curage to do a headswap, I would like to do it with the blonde made to move soccer player, and the curvy fashionistas called "so sporty" - but that is a talk for another time. I did wish I liked the dark skinned soccer player, but I have the same issue with her, as I have with the curvy, I dont like her hair (I find it boring), I dont like her eyes (they make her look a bit apced out) and she have that open mouth smile, I am not fond of. 

For now it is not in my plans to get the curvy made to move doll, but I am hopefull that more curvy made to move dolls will be made in the future, and if not, I might consider headswapping one day. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar