lørdag den 21. oktober 2017

Painting eyebrows

This is something I did more than half a year ago, but I thought this would be as good a time as any to share it. 

I personally prefer if a persons eyebrows are the same color as their hair, or sligtly darker, I think that is the most natural look. Therefore it annoyed me that two of my Barbie dolls had eyebrows in a color significally lighter than their hair. 
Made to move blue top (allso called Teressa) was my second Barbie doll. She have beautiful rich brown hair, but her eyebrows are a lighter more greyish brown tone. I thought it would suit her better with eyebrows in the same wonderful brown color that her hair is, especially since I saw pictures of other peoples dolls, who had those darker brows I wished for. 


Before
Lucky me, I had a bottle of the right shade of brown I wanted to use, so I did not have to mix colors.  Since Barbie dolls have such small features, I did not have a brush small enought to paint the brows, so I used a toothpick instead, which gave me alot of control. I did not remove her eyebrows with nailpolish remover, instead I painted over the eyebrows, since I wanted to keep their shape, and was sure I would make a mess if I drew her eyebrows free hand. When I was done I sealed it with matt varnish. 


After
I am quite happy with the result, I think her eyebrows looks much better now that they are a prettier shade of brown  and match her hair color allmost perfectly. In the picture you can see a bit of shine from the varnish, but it is really only visible when I look at her up close, and if it bothered me I could probably get rid of the varnish around the brows. 

Even before I got my hands on made to move purple top (allso called Lea) I knew I would want to do something about her eyebrows. I have no idea why they are brown instead of black like her hair, if they were dark brown I might be okay with it, but they were a light shade og brown, and that really bothered me. 
I looked at other asian Barbie dolls, and atleast the newest once allmost all have these light brown eyebrows, it really puzzles me, since I am pretty sure most asians have dark eyebrows. 

Before

I painted her eyebrows like before, but I had a bit og trouble with hers, because they are thinner than the other dolls eyebrows. It went fine with her right eyebrow, but I messed up the left one. Lucky for me I was able to fix it a bit, and her hair is parted to the side with the not so perfect eyebrow, so that covers it up a bit.


I took the before picture more than haf a year ago, right before I painted her eyebrows, but I forgot to take the after picture. Recently I changed my photo setup since I have had problems with lighting my background and my camera for a long time. I still think this picture shows the result, compared to the before picture. I really like her eyebrows more than before, despite my mess up.

I am glad that I gave it a try, to customize Barbie dolls a bit, even if it is just a small change, I think it makes a big difference. I hope to do a bit more customization soon.




Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar