søndag den 29. oktober 2017

Barbie - made to move skateboarder

I bought this doll back in june, but I never got around to write about her here on the blog. I think I kind of got some of my doll passion back, and then I finally took some pictures of her, so I can show her off and talk a bit about her. 



I really wanted this doll, because she has a face full of personality, beautifully two toned hair brown hair, deep brown eyes and least of all, a beatuful light brown complexion. Something else that drew her to me, was that she is setup as a skater, with a skateboard, a helmet and kneepads, those are some great accesories, and unlike my other Barbie made to move dolls, this gal actually have a great everyday outfit with shoes and everything. 
I lov e how she is posed upside down in the package. 



As she looked right out of the package
I love that her helmet is red, while her skateboard is purple, and the kneepads are black, I apreciate that not everything is pink, that makes the whole ensamble more interesting. I think red and purple go well together but the pink in her shirt and top, really helps bringing everything  together. Besdes the colors I allso apreciate the fokus on safety there is, no the helmet is not flattering for her hair, but it is important that it is there, same goes for tghe kneepads. While I love her skateboarding equipment, I am not sure I will get much use of it, since I plan for this gal to be a dancer, but I might keep skateboarding as one of her hobbies. 


Dressed down more casually
This girl is stunningly beautiful. She looks like someone who is both snarky, laid back and fierce. I allso really love that outfits of hers, I love her top that goes from purple to a redish pink color, and while I could do without the graphic design, it looks very good. My only complain about this top, is that it does not open in teh back with welcro, so I have to force it over her head, which can be a struggle. I like her plaid shirt as well, it is not a style I like much myself, but it goes perfectly with her top, and I can allways use more shirts to keep my dolls warm. Her pants looks like distressed denim, which fit her skateboarding theme, but they are actually made out of a very soft stretch material, I kinda think the shoes should have been red to match, but I like them well enough in plain white. 




Her hair is very soft, it is less wavy than I thought, but it falls very nicely beacause of how soft it is. Her hair is a beautiful mid brown color, with wonderfull golden highlights. My only issue with her hair is that one of the strands of hair that make up her bangs, seems to be rooted wrong, so whenever I pulls her bangs forward, that strand of hair sticks out from the rest, as seen in the picture. This is a shame, but if I keep her hair pulled back it is not an issue, and I don't mind that too much, because she would have a hairstyle very similiair to Michelles (blue top) if her bangs was pulled forward. 


Her head is a nice round shape, I think some people have said that it is the new face, that was used for some of the curvy fashionistas. I realy like the shape of her eyebrow, how they are thick coser to her nose, and then get thinner, and how they are slightly arched, they give her some of her personality. Her eyes are such a beautiful deep brown color, and they are perfectly done. I like her closed mouth, with full lips, that has a great neutral color, that looks great with her skintone. 



Since I got her in the summer months, I put together a summer outfit for her, giving her some shorts and sandals to go with her top. It was my plan to take her outside, and take some pictures, but I never got around to it.
I decided to name her Lana, she is 22 years old, and her main subject at school is going to be dance. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar