mandag den 6. januar 2014

Barbie fashion packs review - part 1

I have mixed feelings, about the barbie fashion packs. I have two barbie fashion packs with 3 outfits - one of them im verry happy about and one of them disapointed me. I allso have a date night fashion pack that I like. And I have several ken single outfits, which is my favorite.
I recently bought another barbie fashion pack with 3 outfits, and a date night fashion pack.

I decided to devide this post into 3 parts.
In this post, I will show you my two new fashion pack.

I have never written a review before, so this wont be verry professional. There are alot of things I dont know how to describe, but im doing my best and I hope to learn




This is the fashion pack I bought, i think its called the blue fashion pack. I chose this one because 1: I thought the shirt and pants to the left, look cute and casual. 2: the dress in the middle has a nice print, the lenght seemed to be decent, I liked how free it looks and I think my liv doll Shina would love it. 3: I like the mint green butterfly belt, its cute and I thought it could be used for many outfits. Through I didnt really like the mini dress, I thought I might be able to use it as a long shirt.



This is how it looks in the package (sorry about the glare). Its easy to get the the plastic window off, you just pull in one corner and it goes right off.


Here it is without the pladtick window, not lets get everything out.






The shoes and the other accessories, are fastened with rubber bands. Therefore you can just slide them out.


The clothes, is on some kind of clear plastic half manikin. There is a slit in the carboard backdrop, where the clear plastic is fastened. The plastic is easy, to pull out of the slit and. With some of the clothes  there were a few plastick ties tying the clothes to the cardboard. After cutiing the platic ties the clothes is easy to pull off the clear plastic. I was wondering why the mini dress was tied down while the dress in the middle was not.


This is how it looked after i took the mini dress off the clear plastic half maniking thingy.


These cardboard slits, helped making the pants stay in place. 




when I first put it on my doll it looked really weird. As you can see the straps on the dress is really long so her boobs are shoving.


I pulled the dress up, and because of the elastic in the bust it actually stays there (most of the time). The material of the dress feels thin, and I think its a little too short. I allso think its a little too tight around the legs., and I would like if it was a little bit looser there. The pattern isint really in my taste, but I like the soft colors.  



I keep wondering, why the straps were made so long. I have heard, that barbies bust is bigger than liv dolls -but it cant be that mush bigger because my other barbie clothes fit my dolls verry well. I doubt this dress, will fit barbie any better. The long straps are really annoying.




The dress have no print on the back, which is dissapointing but not surprising. I think I would like this dress better if it has a simple pattern on the front, that didnt look like it was suppose to go all the way around the back. The dress closes up in the back, with velcro.



The fabric feels stiff, and the dress looks wrinkled. I like the summer like flower pattern, and the lenght of the dress. I personally wouldent have chosen to put orange and light blue together - but for this dress I think it work verry well together.


The dress has no pattern on the back, which was verry dissapointing for me. It closes up with welcro in the back and a square piece of welcro at the neck.



I  like how these two pieces, look together - really cute. This outfit made me think about my liv doll  Emily who has a simple and cute style.


The shorts fabric feels soft, kinda like fleece. The shorts are light blue, has white stiching, goes to the knees and look rolled up. I really like, the lengh of thse shorts. I like how they are simple yet cute. I can picture myselvf useing them for alot of different outfits, and I cant decide which one of my girl should have them.



I dont really know, what to think about this shirt. Im not sure if any of my girls would wear a crop top.. I think the flowers are cute, but I would pefer if they werent shaped like a barbie logo. I mostley dislike that barbies name is on the shirt, I dont want names on my dolls clothes. Even if I had bought this for a barbie doll, it would bother me. So part of me think this shirt is cute, and part of me think its too much barbie.


The shirt and shorts are plain on the back, which is totally fine - since they dont look like there should be any print on the back. There is velcro all the way down, the back of the shirt and the shorts allso closes with velcro.


Now lets look  at  the shoes and accessories 
The barbie shoes dont fit my liv dolls, which is a shame. Uselly it dosent bother me too much, since barbie mostley wear high heels and im not a fan of that. I do save the shoes and other accessories, that I get with thse fashion packs. Maybe I end up  getting a barbie one day, that can use them. 



There arent any painted details on thse shoes, but I dont feel like its missing because of the nice molded details.Even through I like the colors of these shoes, I dont think the color go well with the rest of the fashion pack. They do match the blue dress that has a bit of orange in it - but they dont match the two other outfits at all. Since there are 3 outfits, and only two pair of shoes in these fashion packs - I think every pair of shoes should match two outfits. I think it would be better, if these shoes were blue inatead.



I think these are really cute, I like the details, especially the big flowers on the sides.



I think thse glasses look pretty cute, they would look good with any summer outfit. Its a shame they dont fit my liv dolls. Something I dont like, is that there is glitter in the "lenses" -  this makes me think, that these are suppose to be decorative glasses instead of real usefull glasses.




This handbag is pretty meh for me.. I dont like it but I dont dislike it either. It dosent have verry many molded details. There is just this sticker on the front, and then its plain on the back.



I like this belt verry much. I like how its molded, to look like its made ofbeads. Thehe molded details on the butterfly is great. The minty green color is cute, and go well with all of the outfits. The belt closes with a peg behind the butterfly. 


This is the outfits two of my girls came up with, after looking at this clothes.


Shina in the blue dress
This dress is totally Shinas style, and it matches her blue glasses. She allso paired it up with a pair of orange sandals and the butterfly belt. I think it suits her verry well.

Lilly in the minidress and the blue shorts
Lilly looks both girly and sporty in this outfit - which is her style. The colors arent really in Lillys taste but besides that she likes it. I know I will end up giving the shorts to Emily, she will LOVE them.


konklusion
I actually ended up being more happy about this fashion pack, than I thought I would be. The quality is not the best, but I feel like I will get alot of use out of thhis clothes even through the dresses dont have any pattern on the back.


Next Is the amusement park date night fashion pack with two outfits - one for ken and one for barbie.



I mostly chose this fashion pack, because of the ken outfit. I liked how casual it looks and I thought I could use the clothes with different outfits and different characters. I thought the pants / tights for barbie looked interresting, but the shirt put me off. The accessories allso looked at little weird to me.


I wont say verry much about the unpacking this time around as it was the same as the first.


Here is the clothes in the package


Without the plastick window


The accessories, that are verry easy to get out



I find this outfit odd looking, whitch I think is mostley because of the pink shirt. Im not sure if this outfit, is trying to be casual or creative.


I original thought thse were leggins, but the fabric dosent really feel like it - it feels thick. They are  loose around the hips, which make them seem more like pajama pants than tights. They have elestic waist so they fit well, but it looks a little silly. I really like the creative pattern on these pants.


The print is allso on the back which is a verry big + for me.


What is up with this neckline?  I dont get what it is trying to be and I think it looks verry stupid. I dont see myselvf useing this shirt verry much.


This shirt dosent make any more sense, from the back. why is the top part a lighter pink color than the rest of the shirt? and why is the bottom part the same fabric all around? 
I really dont get it. But I actually think this shirt look better from behind, than from the front.



I really like how casual this outfit looks, the shirt and pants looks nice together. I lik the blue and black stripes on the white shirt - it makes the shirt look simple and casual but not plain. The pants are a little too long for my liv doll, but as far as I have heard ken have longer legs than jake. This dosent bother me at all, and with the shoes on its no problem and dosent look stupid.



The pants are high wais, they are a little loose around the wait but they dont fall down or annything so thats fine. They are hard to get on which surprized me, since they arent a tigh fit. The material feels a little stiff, but besides that they seem to be made of good fabric.



I was verry happy to discover, that the shirt have print on the back. It closes up with welcro all the way down, but the closure is crooked whitch bothers be alot. The pants allso closes up with welcro.


Here is the two outfits together
I like how they match, but they dont match too much - it dosent look like they planned to wear something, that would match the others outfit before they went on the date. 
The weird shirt still ruins it for me.


Now lets look at the accessories


This is a cute little camera, with small molded details. But because its tellow and transparent, it dosent really look like a camera. Why did they made it transparent? I dont get it. I get that they might made the camera yellow, so it was a little more fun than a plain black camera - But solid yellow would be much better, than this transparent yellow thing that mostley looks like a big piece of candy.


The camera (thingy) has a little plastic hole, on the side that a doll finger fits into. It looks like my dolls hold the camera, which I think is verry nice. I would really like to use this camera for my dolls, but because it dosent really look like a camera - im not gonna use it, it would look silly. Im a little dissapointed about this, I wish this camera could have been a simple solid black color.




This is another accessory that im not gonna use. Its kinda "meh" for me, I dont see a use for it but its not like I dislike it. Its hard for my dolls to hold, because its verry top heavy.



I like these pink boots, I like that they are flat and casual. They have nice molded details but I because they are so big, I think they should have had some painted details as well. They could easily, go for being a pair of rain boots. Just painting the shoelace would probably fix it, but a painted sole would allso be nice. 




The Ken shoes, are a nice pair of light grey sneakers. They have a painted sole, and molded details. I really like these, I can imagne useing them for many different outfits. They are verry casual, they can allso be sporty  - and even be used for something a little more formal. Im verry happy that they fit jake, and im going to have good use of them.

Okay so there allso were some cardboard thickets, with this set. But I forgot to take them out of the package, and ended up throwing them out with it. Well.. I quess that shows how much I liked them. They were plain on the back, and I saw abselutley no use for them. Im not sorry I threw them out, but I should have kept them for this review - sorry. 



konklusion
I really like the ken outfit, and I will have good use for it. Im not gonna use the accessories, and im probably not gonna use the shirt from the barbie outfit. Im dissapointed about this, and I wish I was able to use everything that came with this set. But im happy about my new ken outfit, and new pants for my girls.


Next part will be about the 3 outfit packs, that I bought before I started the blog.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar