tirsdag den 1. januar 2019

Customization

This post is about the small costomizations of 3 different dolls. 
The first costomization is one I did more than a year ago, but I just kept putting off blogging about it. 

I have changed the color of the lips on my Liv doll Emily before, but being unhappy with the result, i decided to try again. 



I had tryed to give her lips a neutral/natural color, I had succed in doing so but the color was too light for her skin. 

After half a year I sat down, ready to try again. I removed her lip paint, and dicovered that under that paint, her lips were a color that looked pale peach. I thought that color looked quite natural for her, so I decided not to paint her lips again. She is such a pretty doll, while I don´t focus all that much on my liv dolls lately, I do still fidn them very pretty. 


My next project was to do something about my Barbie doll Michelles smile, as I have a hard tim about how much teeth she is showing. I saw a video on youtube that showed how to just cut out the teeth part with a knife and glue the mouth shut, so i decided to try that.  


I did not wan´t to mess up on my beautiful and loved doll, so I first tryed it on a doll that I got with the design studio I bought some years back. 


Cutting out her teeth went well, but gluing her mouth shut didn´t. I coulden´t get the glue properly in her mouth and I ended up having glue all over her lips. I used nailpolish remover to remove the glue, which also removed her lip paint. 


I decided to only cut out her teeth, and not glu he mouth shut, so she would have a bit of nd open mouth, but not really a tooth smile. While I did hurt he rlip paint a bit when I cut out her teeth, I am happy with the result. While she had a nice smile, it did not fit the way I do storytelling with my dolls, it is imforpant for me that they can embody a wide range of emotions. 


My latest idea was to remove the freckles on my redhead Rory. While I love freckles I do not like hera at all, they are way to unnatural looking the way they are perefctly round dots, symmetrically placed on her cheeks. 


I did not remove all the paint on her cheeks, there is still a faint trace of her freckles. I am very happy with the result, I think she looked a bit goofy before, now she looks more mature and elegant. 

I really like making small changes like this to my dolls, it can make a big difference.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar