fredag den 27. juni 2014

customizing

So I have been working on making some of my dolls, looking more like I want them to.

I bought Alexis as the queen of hearts, because of her dark skin and with plans of repainting her a little.


Alexis as queen of hearts 
I removed the red heart on her cheek, and the red lipstic, with nailpolish remover. Im glad that I didnt accidently remove some of her blush when I removed the heart. 


Without the red heart on her cheek and with new lip color. 
My plan was to paint her lips pink, I used acrylic paints. After I had mixed the color, I poured water into the paint so it wouldent be so thick. After I painted her lips, I used clear nailpolish to give them a gloss. 
I had to try a few times, before I got the color I wanted.



With freckles.
I wanted to give her freckles, natural looking freckles. So I dipped a toothbrush in paint, and splashed the paint on her face. She had VERRY many freckles all over her face, and even some on her shoulders. I removed some of the freckles, and now it looks like I want it to - im verry happy about how they turned out.

For now im done with Rebecca. But at one point im gonna figure out if I want to give her new eyes, and maybe do something different with her wig.   


I have allso been doing some eye swapping


Nia and Hannah before 
I decided a long time ago that Hannah, should have the brown eyes instead of the hazel (brown/green) eyes. But as I really like the hazel eyes, I decided that Nia would get them. 


Nia and Hannah after
Nias new eyes looks good with her skin and hair color, but they are kinda intense looking and that takes some getting used to. I think Hannh looks REALLY good with brown eyes, they really suit her. I know they are a bit wonky, but they were wonky before I swapped them, and its kinda hard making both eyes sit perfectly. 

Its kinda weird for me, how both Nia and Hannh looks like I want them to now. They have the right skin color, right makeup, right eyes and right wig. Im really happy about it, its a great feeling that I completed something. Now they just need some more clothes ;) 

There will be more eye swapping soon, but thats all for now.

2 kommentarer:

  1. The dolls look good with their new eye color. I was going to do that with my Liv dolls but I was afraid I'd mess them up or put their eyes in crooked. You did a great job. Alexis looks much better.

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Im glad you like them with their new eye colors :)
      I was afraid that I would mess up too, but I decided to jump right in.
      Yes the brown eyes, really suit Alexis skin color.

      Slet